This group provides an opportunity for deep-level personal and professional development, as well as professional supervision; it is a direct invitation to immerse yourself in a transformational space with like-minded people, where the baseline expectation will be for you to:
- Explore, engage and evolve your professional practice
- Connect to and participant with your whole self
- Resonate with a passion for life and for your work
- Dare to be everything that you are
- Sense the human implications of what we do at every level of society
Above all else, the group is intended to be a springboard to practical and immediate application of techniques, but also to help you go beyond technique and liberate your practice more confidently, through your presence.
2018 Dates: 5-6 March, 9-10 July, 6-7 December
Structure and Ethos
This peer development group will have a maximum of 10 participants, to enable us to work at depth, and meet 3 times per year, each time for 2 days. We will meet in a beautiful natural setting in The Lake District, where we can connect more deeply with ourselves and with each other. While we will have a broad agenda, the group will work emergently, ‘in the moment’ with ‘live’ issues that participants bring. The general format will be as follows:
- We will spend the first morning in the company of a stimulating guest practitioner, exploring an edge of coaching and change practice through a mix of workshop and dialogue.
- The afternoon of day one and the morning of day two are devoted to exploring our own learning and development challenges, through a creative synthesis of Action Learning and Gestalt Experimentation.
- The final afternoon is given over to personal process work in triads and small groups, where we will work with the practices of embodiment, meditation, enquiry, systems perspectives and more, to integrate our experience and to cultivate presence.
Through sharing dilemmas, perspectives, possibilities and approaches with peers – experienced development practitioners from different sectors, specialisms and backgrounds – the group becomes a powerful learning resource and a catalyst for your professional practice.
Membership of the group implies a deep commitment to deep reflection, personal disclosure, knowledge-sharing and also to experience-exchange. Considerable emphasis will be placed upon confidentiality and to working respectfully with all issues of diversity and inclusion.
Who should attend?
This group will be especially useful for experienced coaches, managers and OD practitioners; as well as all others whose work is dedicated to personal, organisational and social change.
As a participant, you will:
- Improve your personal effectiveness as a coach, consultant, or other change practitioner
- Develop your awareness and understanding of leading-edge coaching, leadership development and change management issues
- Cultivate greater presence and a deeper understanding of your personal impact; better utilise your strengths and become more aware of your blindspots
- Develop a greater understanding of how small and large group dynamics unfold, especially in relation to issues of ‘parallel process’
- Learn to work in more embodied and systemic ways, building deeper dialogue and managing ambiguity more confidently
- Work more successfully with issues of organisational power and politics
To keep prices affordable, we do not offer refunds on cancelled places. It might be possible to transfer your place to another person you nominate, with sufficient notice. In exceptional circumstances, we will consider offering you a place on another programme within 6 months of the date of your original booking.